Part of the dream of getting married is looking as beautiful as you can and moving across the floor like Cinderella. Here are some dancing tips to get you one step closer to a fairytale first dance:
• Allow enough time to rehearse and form a routine, at least six weeks is recommended.
• If you are wearing a hoop under the wedding gown wear it on your last two practices to see how you go with all the steps.
• Practice in the shoes you plan on wearing on the wedding day as they may be difficult to move in and it will save you feeling unbalanced or getting blisters.
• Practice smiling when you dance. This may sound silly but you will end up dancing on the day the way you practice it. If you have a frown or very serious face at practice, most likely that’s what you will have on your day.
• Allow time to practice between lessons, you will be surprised with the difference it makes.
• Be patient and kind to each other, it won’t work if you constantly argue or blame each other for doing the wrong step.